Bedside tables are more than just a place for your stuff. They are also great for creating a sense of order and organization in your bedroom.
You can easily organize your bedside table by placing items in categories based on how often you use them. For example, you might group your reading materials, alarm clock, and phone charger. This makes it easy to find whatever you need without digging through piles of clutter.
Another option is to keep your bedside table organized by room. If you live in a small apartment, you may want to store your clothes, shoes, and toiletries in separate drawers instead of mixing them all together.
Whatever method you choose, make sure that you keep your bedside table clean and uncluttered. A messy bedside table can quickly turn into a cluttered mess.
What tools will you need to paint a bedside table?
- 1 What tools will you need to paint a bedside table?
- 2 You’ll need the following
- 3 Clean the table after removing hardware
- 4 The previous finish needs to be stripped/sanded
- 5 Here are some tips for stripping paint.
- 6 Primer should be applied in a well-ventilated area
- 7 Paint the bedside table
- 8 To protect the surface, apply a sealant or finisher
- 9 Any hardware that has been disconnected should be reattached
- 10 How do you paint furniture without sanding?
- 11 So, here’s what you can do if you want to avoid sanding.
- 12 Do bedside tables need to match?
- 13 Bedroom furniture colors: what’s popular?
- 14 In Closing
Assembling the right tools is the first thing you need to do. You might already have some of these items at home. If not, a quick trip to the hardware store, and they’ll be able to sort you out.
You’ll need the following
- Furniture cleaner
- Multiple tack cloths
- Lint-free cloths
- Paint stripper
- Putty knife
- Multiple paintbrushes
- Furniture sealant/finished
Clean the table after removing hardware
When you are working with wood, you may find yourself having to do a lot of sanding. Sanding is an important step when you are refinishing furniture because it allows you to remove any rough edges and imperfections. However, you also need to pay close attention to how much pressure you put on the piece while sanding. Too much pressure could cause damage to the piece.
After you sand the piece, you might want to give it a coat of stain. Staining gives the piece a nice color and protects it from water and dirt. Make sure to choose a type of stain that matches the piece’s color. You can also add a clear coat after you’ve applied the stain. A clear coat makes the piece look shiny and adds protection for the piece.
You can also use a product called polyurethane varnish to help protect the piece. Polyurethane varnishes come in various colors. Choose a color that goes well with the piece. Apply two coats of varnish to the piece. Let each coat dry for 24 hours before applying the next coat.
The previous finish needs to be stripped/sanded
Stripping off old paint or varnish isn’t easy. You’ll need to use some special tools to make it happen.
The best way to strip paint is to do it yourself. But you don’t want to spend hours doing it manually. Instead, we recommend using a power sander. This tool uses abrasive pads to quickly and easily sand away layers of paint.
Here are some tips for stripping paint.
1. Make sure you’re prepared. Before you start, take a few minutes to prepare your surface. Remove anything loose like nails, screws, or bolts. Also, clean up the area around the workpiece. If there’s dust or debris, wipe it down.
2. Start with a high grit pad. A low grit pad won’t give you enough control to avoid damaging the wood. Instead, start with a high grit pad such as 400-800 grit. Then switch to a lower grit pad once you’ve removed most of the paint.
3. Don’t forget about the edges. When you’re ready to move on to the next step, remember to keep working along the edge of the piece.
4. Keep moving. Once you’ve finished one side, flip the board over and repeat the process on the other side.
Primer should be applied in a well-ventilated area
Apply primer in a well-vented area. Because it dries quickly, you don’t want to paint over it while it’s wet. If you do, you’ll have to sand off the primer later. You’ll also want to ensure there are no drafts around the edges of where you’re applying the primer.
Primer helps smooth out rough patches and fills in any holes. A good primer will cover the entire surface evenly without leaving brush strokes or streaks. To test whether the primer you’ve chosen does this, use a piece of paper and rub it against the surface. If you see white marks left behind, you might try another brand.
Allow the primer to dry completely before you start painting. Once you apply the primer, wait about 15 minutes before starting to paint. This gives the primer time to fully cure and harden. When you begin painting, you won’t notice any difference in how smoothly the paint flows across the surface.
Paint the bedside table
One way to make sure your bedroom looks great is to paint it. This project takes about 2 hours to complete. You’ll need some basic tools like a hammer, nails, spray paint, brushes, sandpaper, tape measure, and a step stool. If you don’t already have one, buy a sturdy step ladder. Make sure you use latex paint because oil-based paints are too thick and won’t dry properly.
- Measure the width and length of your bedside table. Add 5/8 inch to both measurements. Mark the center of each measurement. Use a pencil to draw a rectangle around the area where you want to hang your picture frame. Remove the paper backing from the canvas wrap. Place the canvas wrap over the marked areas and secure it with staples.
- Cut out the shape of the canvas wrap. Using a utility knife, cut along the edges of the canvas wrap. Be careful not to cut into the corners of the canvas wrap.
- Apply three coats of primer to the entire piece of wood. Let each coat dry completely before applying another.
- Once the primer dries, apply four coats of white paint. Allow each coat to dry completely before adding the next.
- When the final coat of white paint is dry, use fine grit sandpaper to smooth out any rough spots.
- Hang the framed print on the wall.
To protect the surface, apply a sealant or finisher
A tack cloth should always be applied to clean off dust, dirt, or debris before applying the finish. Two coats of sealant should be applied, allowing each coat to dry completely before applying the next. If you use a brush, apply one coat of sealant to the entire piece. If you use a spray gun, apply one coat to the entire piece. Allow the piece to dry overnight.
Any hardware that has been disconnected should be reattached
If you take off the screws holding down the legs of your dining room table, you might wonder how to reassemble it without damaging the wood. This is easier than it sounds because there are several ways to do it. You must ensure the table is completely dry before putting things together again.
The easiest way to put the table back together is to use screwdrivers rather than wrenches. Screwdrivers are designed to hold fast while being inserted into hard surfaces like metal, plastic, glass, and stone. Wrenches tend to slip around and cause damage.
Another option is to paint the table legs black so that the screw heads don’t appear. Then, when you’re done painting, simply sand the surface smooth.
Finally, you could always cover the screw heads with tape, making them less noticeable. But keep in mind that this won’t protect against moisture. The tape will come off and expose the screw head if the table gets wet. And once water gets inside the screw hole, you’ll have to replace the whole thing anyway.
How do you paint furniture without sanding?
Sanding can be a total pain and very time-consuming. I totally get it. Suppose it’s something you want to avoid. Most of us do. Spending so much time on a piece of furniture can be either a total pain (as I’ve said already) or amazing fun and enjoyable.
So, here’s what you can do if you want to avoid sanding.
- Mineral Paint
- Chalk Paint
- Milk Paint + Bonding Agent
- Bonding Primer
- Liquid Deglosser
Do bedside tables need to match?
Bedside tables are one of those things you never really think about until it’s too late. You buy them because everyone else seems to have matching sets, and you don’t want to look like a weirdo. But what happens when you do find a pair that works perfectly together? Do you keep them forever? Or start looking around for something better?
The answer depends entirely on how much money you spend on your home décor. If you’re buying high-end furniture, you might feel compelled to keep everything exactly as it is—even if it doesn’t work well together. On the other hand, if you’re just replacing some old stuff with new pieces, you might decide to mix things up a little. Either way, there are a few factors to consider.
Bedroom furniture colors: what’s popular?
It seems that there are two main camps when it comes to bedroom colors. One group likes bright colors, and the other prefers more neutral tones.
The most common color combination for bedrooms is white walls and dark wood flooring. This is because it creates an airy feeling which makes rooms feel bigger.
However, if you prefer a darker room, you might consider painting the walls black or grey. These colors create a moodier atmosphere and make rooms seem smaller.
There are also lots of options for bedding. If you choose a patterned duvet cover, you’ll add interest to your bed without having to change the color of the wall.
You could also opt for a plain duvet cover, which would look great against any color scheme.
Another option is to go for a striped duvet cover. This adds texture to your bed and looks really stylish.
Painting your bedside table is a fairly simple, straightforward task. The biggest barrier is waiting on the primer, paint, and stain to dry. With a little patience and beautiful paint colors, you can refresh the look of your room! Enjoy.
The most important aspect of painting any surface is choosing the right color scheme. If you choose the wrong color for your walls, furniture, or even your carpet, you may find yourself spending hours trying to fix it later.
You also need to make sure that you match the color of your wall to the color of your flooring. This way, when you walk across the room, you won’t trip over the rug.
Next, you’ll need to decide whether you want to do the entire project yourself or hire someone to help. Hiring professionals is usually more expensive, but it could save you time and money.
Finally, you’ll need to figure out how much time you want to spend on each step of the project. Do you want to paint the whole room? Or would you rather focus on one area at a time?